A 2-year-old boy named Woodrow Bundy tragically died after contracting a lethal brain-eating amoeba whereas swimming in Nevada.
The boy’s mom, Briana, broke the heartrending information in a Facebook submit on Tuesday.
“Woodrow Turner Bundy returned victoriously to our father in heaven at 2:56 am,” she wrote. “He is my hero and I’ll perpetually be grateful to God for giving me the goodest child boy on earth, and I’m grateful to know I’ll have that boy in heaven sometime.”
The tyke had handed away on July 19 from the an infection, which his household believes infiltrated his physique whereas taking part in within the water in Ash Springs.
According to a submit by mates of the Bundy Family, Woodrow’s mother and father first observed one thing was awry after the boy began experiencing “flu-like signs” final week. His mom rushed him to the hospital, the place medical doctors initially thought he had meningitis.
It was solely later that they realized he had naegleria fowleri, the lethal baby died from an amoeba they allegedly contracted whereas swimming in a Nebraska river.