Kevin Spacey is ready to get back to work — and claims employers are champing at the bit to work with him, too, amid brought against him in London.
“I know that there are people right now who are ready to hire me the moment I am cleared of these charges in London. The second that happens, they’re ready to move forward,” the “House of Cards” star, 63, told ZEITmagazin ahead of the June 28 start of his London trial, which is expected to last four weeks.
The Post has contacted reps for Spacey for comment.
In October 2017, at the height of the #MeToo movement, “Star Trek: Discovery” star Anthony Rapp publicly claimed that Spacey made a sexual pass at him in 1986, when Rapp was 14 and Spacey was 26.
Days later, Spacey responded, claiming he didn’t remember the exchange and apologized for “what would have been deeply inappropriate drunken behavior.”
He also came out as gay in his statement.
Netflix parted ways with Spacey in the wake of the allegations and shelved his movie “Gore.”
He was also replaced by Christopher Plummer in the movie “All the Money in the World.”
Fifteen people came forward with similar sexual assault accusations against Spacey as Rapp sued him over the alleged incident.
Last year, a New York jury found Spacey against Rapp, 51.
Not in the clear yet, Spacey still faces 12 sex offense charges in the UK relating to alleged events between 2001 and 2013.
He has to all the charges.
“It’s a time in which a lot of people are very afraid that if they support me, they will be canceled,” Spacey continued to ZEITmagazin about how the accusations have affected his career.
“The moment scrutiny is applied, these things fall apart,” he claimed. “That’s what happened in the Rapp trial, and that’s what will happen in this case.”
While the “Baby Driver” star doesn’t foresee himself being able to clear his reputation in the media, he seems to believe the scandal won’t affect his legacy.
“In 10 years, it won’t mean anything. My work will live longer than I will, and that’s what will be remembered,” he said.